Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 67

March 7, 2010

 

Day 67:

            Today was a pretty long day. I woke up late, something like ten. That was the latest I’d slept in since I’ve been in Majuro. Eric and I went to Dar and Peter ended up joining us there. Just after we arrived five World Teach teachers and one Marshallese girl came in as well. They were renting the golf cart and riding out to Laura. We spent most of breakfast talking about how upset we were with Garrod. Peter probably has the biggest argument on that front. Somehow, when we arrived here in Majuro, Peter became Professor’s Secretary. Professor didn’t have a phone so he would give everyone on the island Peter’s number and so whenever people wanted to talk to Garrod they called Peter. It worked out because Peter was always with him. Garrod would ask him to come for ‘drinky-poos’ and he couldn’t say no. He claimed that he felt bad because he was a lonely old man. So every night Garrod would order wines and Peter would drink milk shakes and listen to Garrod bitch about everybody.

            Well at breakfast today Peter let a lot of that out. He’s fed up. I refuse to let myself get upset with things that don’t really matter, AKA the play. Recently, Garrod has also been throwing bitch tasks at the Dartmouth folk because he forgot about them. Peter’s caught the brunt of that work. He’s been scrambling around the island trying to find the lights that Garrod wants: red, white, and blue. He’s also been working on making a switchboard for these lights as well as a sound board for the audio. Edie’s caught a lot of this as well. Today at rehearsal he asked her to find 80 bananas for the cast. She’s supposed to be the Assistant Director and he asked her to get bananas. And he has yet to say thank you. I feel like that’s the worst part of all. He only praises certain actors and has severe favorites. The ones he doesn’t like, he treats like shit. And often times he treats the Dartmouth folk the same way.

            Anyway, rehearsal went well. I went for comic relief and to try to be an outlet for the kids who were fed up with Garrod and his shenanigans. Tomorrow is the dress rehearsal and after that it’s the real thing. We’ve only got eight days left. Tomorrow starts the last week. I feel like the play, as well as the fact it’s the last week, is going to make time slow down severely. I just finished writing some more of my story, the plot has definitely thickened and I’ve got a great twist. It’s a really hard concept to convey though, so I’m still figuring out how I want to write it. If I pull it off, though, it could be a hit. Anyway, I’ve got to get some sleep. Until next time, from Majuro, bar lo yok.

No comments:

Post a Comment