Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 70

March 10, 2010

 

Day 70:

 

            Today was another interesting day in Majuro. My day began with me printing all of the papers that I would need for my exam tomorrow. Of course the printer messed up my double sided request but it worked out in the end. In clas we finished the review packets. I did a group session with those who had finished between yesterday’s class and today’s. That went well. For busy work I created another word search puzzle for them to do. Except this time the puzzle was a bigger and had each students’ name in the class in it. Of course they took the fun out of that by cheating off of each other but honestly, at this point, I don’t care.

            After class I went to the trailer and worked on the MISAT test some more. I ended up going to Tide Table for lunch again because there was no lunch food in the trailer. When I got there I noticed that the Horizon League Championship game between Wright State and Butler was on. It was nice to see a home state team on TV again. It was also very interesting because Troy Tabler, a guy I used to play ball with, starts for Wright State. Also, Matt Howard, the star big man on Butler is a guy I played against at the Adidas May Classic in 2006. It was nice to see somewhat familiar faces. I was happy for Troy. I then got to thinking about how good Moeller’s, the high school Troy went to, how good their basketball team was. They had him, also they had Quinn McDowell who played last night for William and Mary against Old Dominion and then I also saw that Wofford won the Southern Conference and Terry Martin plays for them, and he went to Moeller as well.

            Apparently I was visibly upset when I got back to the trailers. I wasn’t in the best of moods, mostly just wanted the next five days to hurry up so I could get home, but I wasn’t in a particularly bad mood either. I was working in the trailer when Edie asked me if I was still going to the grocery store to pick some things up. I said that I had planned to but it would be a few more minutes. She was heading out for a jog. I decided that since I wasn’t in the best of moods and just needed to let some energy out that I’d jog with her. So we jogged to Payless and taxied back in time for the play.

            I picked up some more t-shirts somewhere in there too, they look pretty good. I must say that I’m proud of this design. As far as the play, Eric agreed to drum solo tonight so that I could prepare for my exam tomorrow. Plus, he can’t drum for the majority of Friday and he flies out Saturday morning so I’m drumming solo for two days so he covered for me tonight. That definitely helped. I ended up standing backstage for most of Acts 4 and 5 and helping out with odd jobs but it was nice to know that I had the freedom to leave or sit down or whatever if I wanted. The play ended early, something like 10:30, which is still entirely too long but whatever, it was nice to get to the trailer with a clear head and know that I had everything done that I needed to get done. Now I just have to pray that the power outage tomorrow doesn’t effect my class too much. With that, I’m heading to bed. Until next time, from Majuro, bar lo yok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment