Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 26

January 25, 2010

 

Day 26:

 

            Terri was there today. That brings her Monday attendance score up to 50%. Good job Terri! Class went well for the most part. I had to yell at the kids for not doing their homework. They had a three day weekend because Friday’s class was cancelled and it wasn’t a lot. I’m pretty sure some of them did it in class before I made it to their desks. But I had to explain to them that I give them the notebook work to help their grades and the more they don’t do it the more their grades will suffer. If I haven’t mentioned already, grades are not much motivation for most of the kids in my class. I then told them that I could give tests and quizzes all week if they’d prefer that, but I thought that doing a fun writing activity would be more fun and engaging. Based on their silence following my rant, I think they got the picture.

            After class I went to Tide Table to type some emails for professor Garrod and get lunch. Not in that order though. I ordered the chicken quesadillas. They were ok, nothing great. The ones at The Hop are better. I then wrote out emails for professor Garrod for about an hour and a half before returning to the apartment. Ally had been sick since Friday and hadn’t left the apartment. When I got back she was sitting up on the couch reading and she looked much better. She told me that she felt much better. Shortly after arriving at home, Eric got back as well. The three of us watched a few episodes of Seinfeld before Eric and I fell asleep. When I woke up it was about sunset time and everyone was out on the wall, watching, photographing, recording sunset. I joined them with my bag of David’s sunflower seeds. After that I came in and ate a delicious baked chicken, rice, sautéed onion and pepper combo that Anna made. It was delicious. I had just bought some Frank’s hot sauce which I certainly made use of.

            After eating we began watching I Love You, Man again but didn’t make it. We all passed out about halfway through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment