Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 41

February 9, 2010

 

Day 41:

 

            In class today I continued with the punctuations. They all understood it pretty well so the class ran fairly smoothly. Nothing big happened in class today. Nothing big happened at all today actually. After class I came back to the trailer and took a nap before attempting to go to basketball practice. That never happened, Tony had just posted the teams and so the guys weren’t prepared with shoes nor shorts to play in. Go figure! So I came back to the trailer and wrote some more of my story until it was time to eat.

            For dinner tonight I cooked  meatloaf, with fried potatoes and sautéed onions and peppers, and I scrambled eggs with onions for the vegetarians. It was a success Ben requested me to make the meatloaf again when my rotation to cook comes up again. I can probably make that happen. After dinner I did some lesson planning, played some games, watched some Friends and passed out.

            Also today I accepted the fact that my cell phone is now lost. I had been carrying it for clock purposes and occasional music use during long walks, and it must have fallen out of my pocket in a taxi. I can’t think of anywhere else it could be. The good thing about this, is that I took out the SIM card as soon as I got to Majuro, so I won’t have to get a new number or anything like that. I just need to buy a phone. The bad news, when my cell phone would be working, when I get to Hawaii, I won’t have one. Maybe I’ll find a T-Mobile store in Honolulu and buy a phone, but we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment